Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Things We Do For Our Friends.....

Happy Tuesday everyone, it's Pod and I'm definitely doing the blogging today.  I've been telling you the last couple of posts that I though Rob was dreaming up some big mod.  Boy was I right!  This mod even hurt more than just a little!!  

 Don't you just hate it when someone says this will only sting just a little, while deep down, you know it's going to be worse than that?

Well let me tell you all about this morning's mod.  Seems Rob had seen an outdoor shower install that furpod's person did to furpod.  Rob took a good look at it, and while he liked it, it was just too large for me.  Thanks to furpod's person Mark (thanks Mark!) he found a smaller one, so Rob ordered it.  He even made a couple of trips to Lowes to get all the plumbing parts and other tools he needed (I think Rob enjoyed that part way too much.)

What does all this have to do with me?  Well the mod I'm talking about was an outdoor shower hook-up so now I have hot and cold running water available outside.  What does this have to do with friends?  Rob said this would be a good idea in case my friend Jackson ever got into something stinky and needed a bath.  Rob could give him a bath outside without filling up my grey water tank and having stinky junk inside of me.

Of course, Rob took bunches of pictures.....

Rob said the first thing to do was to open the low point drains so my water lines would be empty.

Next, here is a picture of most of the tools, parts, etc., he used for this install.....


Pretty nice huh?  Rob was especially happy with this mod because he said it gave him a good excuse to buy that new saber saw he wanted, plus a couple of other tools to cut and join Pex pipe.  All I have to say is if he ever wants to use that dang saw on something again, he better use it on Truck!!  

Next is a picture of the area the outside shower is to be mounted...


Notice Rob has carefully marked the location for the cut to open up my side for the shower port.

Next, Rob taped around the area to be cut, and drilled out the corners so the blade on the saber saw would have a good starting place.  Rob said the tape was to protect my finish from marring by the saw bed plate, and to make an easy cutting guide for him.


Here you can see the cuts completed and the hunk of my side missing.... (Yes it did hurt!!)


And while I don't want to see this myself, Rob wanted to show everyone a close up picture of my sidewall construction....


Next Rob measured, cut and test fitted the shower box and piping runs we would need...




Then it was time to make the plumbing tie-ins.....


Then to caulk and install the shower port on my outside wall.....




Then it was a matter of closing my low point drains, attaching my to the garden hose, and leaking testing.  Now there were a couple of small leaks, but Rob fixed those quickly enough.  

Here's a picture of me now with my very own outside shower.....


Here in this final picture, you can see my very own curly water hose and nozzle Rob got to attach to my quick disconnect for when he wants to use the outside shower....


So there you have it.  Today's big mod.  There are one or two other little things Rob has done the last few days, but I think he's going to wait to show those off next week from the beach.

As for me, I'm going to take a long nap between now and Monday to get over today's mod.  Whew!!

Until next time, stay safe out there.....-A Modded Pod....

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pod...Splash here. OMG...I would have been scared to death if all those tools and parts were assembled near me! You are so brave!! Uncle Rob is The Mod Master for real. I know you are going to be happy next week at the beach when four pairs of feet get all the sand washed off. I hope we get to camp together in the mountains near the end of the month. Happy 4th Cuz!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Splash. Thanks for checking by today!! This was a doozy of a mod for sure. Sure hope we get to camp some in a couple of weeks in the mountains. Hoping for good news next week. Big hugs to all and Happy 4th!!

      Delete