Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Porthole in an r-Pod......

Hey there everybody, it's P. Nutty doing the blogging today.  I had so much fun with my first blog post the other day, Mr. R (who is taking a break today from blogging) told me to have at it.  

First thing I want to show you is I got to set beside a campfire our last night camping at Toe River Campground.  What a fun thing to do.....



Although Mr. R said this wasn't a real campfire because we were burning propane instead of wood.  But I like it better because I have lots and lots of cousins who live in trees, you know, where fire wood comes from.  

Today had been a really special day for me.  I got to help Mr. R do some maintenance type work to Pod and then I helped to do a Pod Mod.  Those are really something special.  

But before we start, I just want you to know this isn't a pool float for me.....



It seems Mr. R keeps Pod in tip-top shape.  He washed Pod yesterday when we got home from the mountains. Today he replaced the electric element in the water heater.  He though it had gone bad at Toe River, but turns out the switch wasn't flipped all the way on.  But he said it was ok, because now there is a new one installed and we have the old one as a spare.  He also fixed a tiny water leak  in the outdoor shower port he told me that he had installed several weeks ago.  Then he lubricated the stabilizer jacks.  After that Mr. R and Mrs. T made the bed with clean bed linens.  I guess Pod is just about ready for the big trip Goshen. 

But back to today's Pod Mod.  Seems that before Mr. R left for Toe River, he ordered a round porthole window for the door.  He told me that another Pod (furpod) had just gotten one recently installed by it's people.  Mr. R thought it really looked good, so that's what we installed on Pod today.

The first item was to look everything over, read the pretty basic instructions and figure out what when where....


Next, we marked the center of the window to help with getting it lined up where it needed to go.....


Next we measured and found the center of the spot on the door where the window would go.....


Then we marked the door and outlined the circle in tape to protect the door's finish.....


Then Mr. R drilled a pilot hole for the saw...



Then in just a few minutes, there was a big hole in Pod's door....


Then it was just a matter of caulking the window casement, and then installing the window.  Mr. R also caulked the window once more after it was in position and tightened.

I think it looks pretty sharp....


Here's another view....


And another view from a different angle.....


So whatcha think?  Not too bad for my first official Pod Mod.  I think I'm gonna really like this podding thing.  

Well Mr. R told me to thank everyone for checking by today.  We all hope y'all have a great weekend!!

Until next time, stay safe out there.....-P. Nutty


2 comments:

  1. did you find that there was about a 1/4 inch gap on the inside after you installed it?

    ReplyDelete