Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Simple Mod?

Happy Wednesday!!  I wanted to post about a simple mod (at least I though it would be simple) I have completed with our pod.  Back in 2009 when our pod was built, for some reason Forest River didn't put a door on the cabinet over the bed.  They have since in later models added this door after a few owners performed this mod themselves.  


I read on the Nation a good while back that I could buy the door from Forest River to match my cabinet.  Several weeks ago, I did just that.  Well this took several phone calls, emails, pictures sent to Brandie at Forest River, and three separate mailings.  Today the last of the parts needed for this mod came in and I wasted no time when I got home from school to complete this mod.  Thanks to Brandie and the Forest River people who helped her complete this order. 






These pictures are what the cabinet looked like before the door install.  I had made the curtain and curtain rod myself, but was never entirely happy with the results.




Here is the finished product, which turned out quite nicely.  I also removed the under-cabinet TV/DVD/Radio combo since we no longer used it.  


Here is a listing of the tools I remember using.
Ruler
Pencil
Drill Bits
18volt Dewalt Drill
Phillips screwdriver
Various driver bits
Air compressor 
Small air gun
One very hateful pair of bifocals  (HAHA)


Thanks for checking in today, and just four more days until we leave for Edisto Island, SC.  


Until next time, stay safe out there.....-R,T,&J


No comments:

Post a Comment