Friday, March 9, 2012

Sway Control Install, Part II ........

Today is the second part of my sway control install.  When I finished Part I, I noticed the threads of the hitch-ball shaft were just barely long enough the reach the other side of the nut.  I wasn't sure this was the best practice for this so a quick call to my brother in Seattle confirmed what I thought. (Thanks for your help bro!) I needed a hitch-ball with a longer shank.  Below you can see what I am talking about.




So yet another quick trip to my down-the-street Advance Auto and I was able to get at hitch-ball with a longer shank.




You can see the difference above.  So it was just a matter of taking off the old (new) hitch-ball and replacing it with the new (newest) hitch-ball and tightening everything up again.  




See how the treads protrude from the bottom of the nut.  Of course, this is a bit longer than I needed, but this will work just fine.




And finally, here are the tools I used for Part II of the install.  After re-installing the hitch-ball, I also mounted the sway-bar bracket to the trailer tongue.  I will show you that in the next post.  Until then,
stay safe out there....-R,T,&J.

No comments:

Post a Comment