As I told you during one of my posts about the sway control install, I ran into and had to fix another problem. The problem was my power tongue jack wouldn't work. When I first discovered this, the jack would work a little then stop, with it finally just not working at all. Here is a picture of the jack.
I'm not going to publish where I bought it, the brand, or the price until I contact the manufacturer to see if they will help me out. I installed the jack in April 2011, but for some reason I didn't keep the receipt or anything. So I am going to write the manufacturer with all the information to see what happens. Once I hear from them, I will fill you in on all the details.
The real problem was what was I going to do for a tongue jack in the mean time. The reason I replaced the factory installed manual tongue jack in the first place is it was starting to give me problems. I was afraid it would quit working on a camping trip, causing all sorts of issues. This is when I remembered having an old Bulldog brand tongue jack the I took off of the old Layton when I put an electric tongue jack on it. So after some rummaging around in the shop, I found it, installed it, and here's a picture.
This jack is at least 35 years old, but it works great! So it will be what I use for the time being. This will be my last post until after our camping trip this weekend. So be sure to check back to hear all about our first trip of the season. Until then, stay safe out there....