Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year Day and Snow in March......

Happy Leap Year Day, February 29, 2012.  Today's post has almost nothing to do with camping.  Everyone has been commenting on how mild this winter has been, and in my yard daffodils have been slowly blooming for a couple of weeks.  Well as I was thinking on what would be a good post for today, I came across a file of pictures named "2009-03-02 Snow Storm Mar 2009."  Whew, what a file name, but that would mean I took the pictures on March 2nd, from a snow storm on March 1st.  If 2009 had been a leap year, then it would have been a February snow storm, which somehow sounds better.  


Now with the crazy school calender we have this year, I DO NOT WANT ANY SNOW!  I do NOT want to loose any of spring break 2012.  We have had camping reservations since August of 2011 for this year's  spring break.  If you click on the "Upcoming Trips" tab you can see where we are going.  


But just for fun on Leap Year Day, I thought I would post a few pictures from the March snow storm of 2009.  


View out the front door.


Another front door view.
Driveway lamp post.


Side street in neighborhood.














View of front yard from the street.
















Daffodils in the Snow!!
















Thanks for stopping by today, and I really do hope this is all the snow we see around here in the winter of 2012.  Have a great week, and as always, Stay Safe out There.  -R,T,&J

No comments:

Post a Comment