Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pod's Getting Ready for Summer.....

Happy Saturday everyone.  Pod here today doing the blogging.  I sure hope everyone has had a great weekend so far.  I'm starting my fifth season of Podding with Rob and Trisha, so I've been whispering in Rob's ear about maybe needing new tires.  

You see the tire on my left side hasn't worn evenly, and was starting to show a lot of wear on the inside.  Rob agreed that I needed new tires before we went on our big Kentucky Trip to the ERU, so this morning, he hitched me up to truck and off to the tire store we went.  

While Rob knew about the issue with the one tire, he didn't know I had a problem with the other tire.  You see, a piece of tread about the size of Rob's had was just plain missing from this tire.  Rob wasn't sure if it was from cupping (what the tire store guy said), or from being knocked off somewhere on the road.  But anyway, now I'm good to go.  

Rob also bought some cleaner, and then he cleaned and polished both of my fenders.

Here's a picture of one of the fenders half done....


Here's a picture of the same fender completely done, and my new tire too.....


Gosh, I just loved being all spiffed up and the center of attention!!

Thanks for checking by today.  I think I hear Rob and Jackson coming back from a walk, so I'd better go for now.

Until next time, stay safe out there.....-Pod

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new tires Pod! Aren't we lucky that our folks take such good care of us?!! Whew...I'm glad you got home safely from my rally last weekend on those old tires. Have a good week and before you know it, it will be time to hit the road again. We need to cook up another camping trip like the one we did a couple years ago on the Blue Ridge Parkway!! Your Cousin Splash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Splash! A Blue Ridge Parkway cruise would be great fun!! -Pod

      Delete
  2. Great new summer look! Love it!! Splash & Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! You saw it before I could even post about it!! -Pod

      Delete