Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Ocracoke Day Trip.....

Good evening all.  It's Miss Anne back with another blog post.  For this post I had a lot of help from Levi.  He took Jackson, the Mr. and Mrs. and cousins Sharon and Becky on a day trip to Ocracoke Island.  

He was kinda excited telling me about it all, which seemed strange cause I've never known Levi to get excited about much.  But when he told me about taking a boat (ferry) ride not once but twice, then I begin to see why he was so excited.  

So let me back up just a bit here.   Seems my gang was up on the edge of daylight, showered, dressed, and out the door about 7:00 to meet the cousins.  They were at the ferry dock shortly thereafter where they missed being able to load the ferry by the skin of Levi's rod rack (Rod for short).  Seems the whole combo was just too long for the space left.  

It's ok though, they were on then next ferry an hour or so later and the adventure began.  After a 60 minute ferry ride, then a 15 mile drive to Ocracoke Village, the gang found breakfast, then Levi said the best part was he got to rest cause the Mr. rented a six-person golf cart to explore the island.  Levi said that was great by him cause those roads in the village were skinny and crowed.  Seems he doesn't do either very well.  

Our gang toured the village, did some shopping, the Mr. scored some stickers and a PIRATE flag for my flag pole!!!  The cart had a 2:30 return, and since it was just too hot to eat outside because of having Jackson along, they all loaded back up in Levi, drove back to the ferry, just missing the one leaving by about three minutes, and were shortly parked in the very front of the next one to leave. 

After the Mr. and Mrs. both took a quick shower, they were back in Levi, leaving a worn out puppy in my care.  Levi said they picked up the cousins, went out to eat, rode on the beach and stopped for ice cream.  Whew!!! What a day.  I was able to grab a few pictures from the Mr's iPhone and camera to share with everyone tonight.  


























I'm not sure what's on tap for tomorrow just yet, but I bet it won't involve getting up before the Sun!!!  Anyways, check back here in a day or two to find out all about it.  

Until next time, stay safe out there......-Miss Anne and The Gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment