Monday, July 16, 2012

Along the Blue Ridge Parkway.....

Hey there everyone, R&T's-Pod here, and I am making tonight's blog post.  Rob and Trish are off relaxing so I thought I'd help them out this evening. 

We got all hooked up and pulled out of Moonshine Creek Campground about 9:30 this morning.  About 3 miles from the campground, we hopped on the Blue Ridge Parkway (BRP) and had a grand old time.  

Here are a couple of pictures for you......







While we only drove on about 100 miles of the BRP today, we made lots of stops for pictures, sight-seeing and such.  We plan on covering about 100 more miles tomorrow.  But there is even more news.

We we pulled into Spruce Pine Campground this afternoon about 2:30, there sitting in the site next to ours was one of my best camping buddies Splash T@B.  Some how or another, Rob and Trisha kept it a secret we would be camping with Splash and her person Sharon (Rob's cousin) the rest of the week. I was so excited!!  So after getting me all set up, I sent all the people to Wal-Mart, (really wasn't that hard to do) and Splash and I caught up on old times. 

Here's a picture of my campsite.....




Here's a picture of my friend Splash and I camping together.....



And here is a picture of the view from our campsites.....


After all our people came back from Wal-Mart, they fixed some supper and said it was very "yummie."  They they just hung out around the campsite and enjoyed the evening. 

That's all for today.  I have enjoyed bringing you this blog, and until next time, stay safe out there.....-R&T's-Pod (blogging for -R,T,&J)



1 comment:

  1. It sure was fun swapping camping stories with you while the folks ran to the store. Can't wait to hit the road with you tomorrow. Sleep tight...SplashT@B next door!

    ReplyDelete